Top recommendations for dealing with yeast, Candida or fungal infection
Yeast or fungal infection is usually caused by a single fungus called Candida albicans that is always present in intestinal tracts and genital. Candida infection usually happens when Candida albicans is present in disproportional quantities in various parts of the body such as mouth, ears, nose, gastrointestinal tract, genital and fingernails.
Candidiasis can affect both men and women and statistics show that 75% of women will develop yeast infection at some points in their lifetime. The symptoms of yeast infection could be painful sexual intercourse, burning sensation during urination, uncomfortable itching, mood swings, night sweats and depression. Yeast infections can also happen after menopause because of low estrogen levels and factors such as pregnancy, diabetes, medical conditions (especially the ones that suppress the immune system such as HIA or AIDS) and use of drugs such as steroids or antibiotics can contribute to yeast infections. In fact, nursing mothers sometimes develop candida infection on their nipples and that can cause severe pain while breastfeeding.
Usually people with candida infection develop food allergies. Yeast and candida feed on sugar and if for any reasons the friendly bacteria (that usually metabolizes sugar) cannot do its job, the Candida albicans flourishes in sugar-rich environment. So it’s very impotent to have a good cleaning diet and avoid all sugary and dairy products and foods high in carbohydrates, processed foods, processed or smoked meats, toxic additives, preservatives and artificial sweeteners.
-Aloe vera juice is known to boost the white blood cells and kill yeast cells.
- Olive leaf is a powerful healer for microbial infections.
- Wild oregano oil is a powerful antifungal and antiseptic.
- Goldenseal is an anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal that contains a phytochemical known as berberine. Herbs rich in berberine such as goldenseal, bloodroot, barberry and yellowroot can fight fungi.
- Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal for external use and can be applied into the affected areas several times a day. For virginal candidiasis apply few drops of tea tree oil on a tampon or mix it with water. You can also use black walnut extract.
- Other herbs such as thyme, yellowroot, barberry, chamomile, rosemary tea, evening primrose oil, milk thistle, Black walnut extract, Echinacea extract and peppermint can be very useful in fighting yeast cells.
-Eat a diet of 60% to 70% raw foods and include plenty of raw organic green leafy vegetables (kale, ginger root, cabbage, broccoli, and seaweed) in your diet. You can also include wild salmon and organic brown rice in your diet. Keep in mind that fungi thrives on sugar, so avoid all sugary foods and beverages including sodas, fried greasy foods, cheese, processed foods, nuts, alcohol and meat.
- Reduce your fruit consumption (your diet should be sugar-free, fruit-free and yeast free) and eliminate your consumption of citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes, pineapple and tomatoes for a month. Although these fruits seem acidic, they become alkaline in the body and yeast thrives on them.
- Take real probiotic supplements (read the products labels carefully) or include lots of probiotic foods in your diet. Although, probiotics have become an advertising catch phrase, keep in mind that many probiotic products contain genetically modified-types of bacteria and all the probiotic products might not be good for your health. In fact, many probiotic products can contain different strains of bacteria and yeast. So it’s better to eat real foods instead of probiotic supplements. Great superfoods such as spirulina, chlorella, raw cacao beans and apple are great source of probiotics.
- Raw organic honey, onion, apple cider vinegar, and garlic are great antibiotic and anti-fungal. You can apply honey and crushed garlic externally to the affected areas.
- Taking natural colloidal silver in recommended dosage can also be great for fighting against fungal and bad bacteria. Colloidal silver has been used medicinally for thousands of years and it’s known for its great natural antibiotic, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. http://seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/colloidal-silver/
- Wear cotton underwear and clothing and wash your towels or clothing each time you wear them in hot water with bleach.
- Avoid harsh feminine products and corticosteroids or oral contraceptive. Avoid household chemical products and cleaners.
- People who have been going through chemotherapy or have been taking antibiotics for a long time are at high risk of candidiasis. Taking antibiotics for a long time can result in vitamin K deficiency (manufactured by good bacteria in the intestine), so eat plenty of green leafy veggies, alfalfa and strawberries to balance vitamin K deficiency.
- If nursing mothers develop thrush infections on nipple, both mother and the baby should be treated for infections.
- High mercury levels in the body can result in candidiasis. Mercury prevents the growth of good bacteria in the intestine so it’s very important to have a regular cleansing diet: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/heavy-metal-toxicity.php
- If the problems still persisted, consult with your medical professional since this could be a sign of auto-immune disorder or diabetes.