Top 10 anti-inflammatory foods that can protect you against cancer
Studies have shown that inflammation is the root of many chronic diseases including cancer, arthritis and digestive issues. The main roots of digestive disorders are poor eating habits, consuming toxic foods, processed foods and foods that have artificial coloring and additives. Here are top 10 foods that can help to improve inflammation and food digestion.
1. Anti-inflammatory Fruits (Pineapple, Mango and Papaya)Pineapple, mango and papaya are the three main anti-inflammatory fruits that have proteolytic enzymes with anti-ulcerative and anti-microbial properties. These fruits help with digestion and breaking down other foods.
Avocado is a rich superfood high in omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. Avocados promote food digestion and healthy pancreas, liver and gall bladder. Avocados are one of the best anti-inflammatory foods and are digestible by almost everyone.
3. Herbs and spices (Cinnamon, Basil, Cayenne and Turmeric)Cinnamon, basil, cayenne and turmeric are among the top anti-inflammatory foods. Cinnamon improves triglyceride and cholesterol level and helps with better digestion of the food. Basil is a great anti-inflammatory that helps to boost the immune system. Cayenne is a remarkable anti-inflammatory that helps to prevent digestive disorders, cleanse the body, promote weight loss and fight allergies. Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and studies show that it could be as effective as 14 pharmaceutical drugs (without their side effects).
4. Seaweeds (Kelp and Kombu)The complex carbohydrate in kelp and kombu is a great anti-inflammatory. Kelp and kambu are high in antioxidant, fiber and vitamin K and can help to prevent tumors and weight loss.
5. Wild-Caught Salmon / Fish Oil
Wild sockeye salmon is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids and a great anti-inflammatory. Wild sockeye salmon can prevent heart disease and cancer. Fish oil is also a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids that can help to promote brain function, intellegance and eyesight.
6. Green teaThe flavonoids in green tea are anti-inflammatory and can prevent the chances of cancer and heart disease.
8. Berries including BlueberriesBlueberries are incredible source of antioxidants that are anti-inflammatory. Blueberries can improve the immune system and prevent dementia and cancer. Raspberries, cranberries, blackberries and strawberries also are high source of antioxidants.
9. Green Superfoods (Broccoli and Kale)Broccoli is a highly nutritious superfood that is anti-inflammatory and can prevent breast cancer in women. The phytochemicals in broccoli called “sulforaphane” activates enzymes and throws carcinogen out of cells before cancer can do any harm. Kale is also a great anti-inflammatory, can cleanse the body and prevent heart disease. Kale is also full of iron, calcium and fiber. Cauliflower also helps with detoxification of the body.
10. Consume more Fermented FoodsIn the last few years, fermented foods have been disappearing from our diets. Fermented foods are probiotics and have beneficial bacteria that help with food digestion. For example, modern pickles are no longer made by lacto-fermentation using salt and are made with vinegar. Most dairy products like cheese and yogurt and alcoholic beverages like wine or beer are being pasteurized by killing most of the good bacteria in them. Since most juices and beverages are pasteurized, there are less live enzymes and beneficial bacteria in them to help with our food digestion. Some of fermented foods include yogurt, organic raw apple cider vinegar, kimchi, kefir, kombucha and other fermented veggies.