Top 10 Herbal Antibiotics
In the last few decades, extensive uses of antibiotics have led to an increase in the rate of antibiotic-resistant infections. And as a result people who are hospitalized because of common illnesses, cancer, heart disease or even accident injuries end up with hospital-acquired infections and some even die because of infections.
We are all living in a planet that’s becoming more and more dependent on chemicals. Extensive uses of chemicals, antibiotics, pesticides and environmental pollutions have poisoned our planet as well as us and other species.
While humans are creating stronger chemicals, pesticides and antibiotics that have resulted in a stronger version of viruses and germs, nature has come to our rescue again. Herbs packaged with antidotes can help to fight against stronger versions of bacteria and viruses.
Here's the list of nature's top 10 herbal antibiotics that can fight againt bacteria and viruses:
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is a traditional native plant that grows in hot and dry climates. Aloe vera leaves are known for treating rashes, wounds, inflammation, arthritis and constipation.
4. Grapefruit seeds Extract: Grapefruit seeds extract is driven from organic grapefruit and has great antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Grapefruit seeds have been known to fight more than 800 different kinds of bacteria and more than 100 different kinds of fungi. Grapefruit seeds destroy bad bacteria without destroying the good bacteria in the body.
5. Lavender: Lavender essential oil is known for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Lavender has also been known to improve stomach disorders, digestive problems, constipation, headaches, insomnia and skin problems. Lavender is also great for improving women health problems such as indigestion, cramps, exhaustion, post-natal depression, infections and improving women’s pain during delivery.
6. Echinacea: Echinacea has great antibacterial and antifungal properties and can shorten recovery time of many illnesses including bronchitis, hay fever, sinusitis, ear infections, respiratory infections, urinary tract infection, sore throats, enlarged prostate and lymph glands, hay fever, yeast infections and canker sores. Echinacea can also treat wounds, sunburns and improve immune system.
7. Olive Leaf: Olive leaf is a great anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antibacterial that can boost immune system and improve the symptoms of heart disease, HIV infections, digestive problems, yeast and urinary tract infections, cancer chronic pains and arthritis.
8. Licorice: Licorice has great anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Licorice is very beneficial for improving bronchitis indigestion, adrenal insufficiency, viral infections, obesity, small intestine ulcers, heartburn and hepatitis.
9. Turmeric: Turmeric is a great natural spice that is commonly used in many Middle Eastern dishes. Turmeric has great anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-infection property. The main compound in turmeric has been known to block enzymes that increase the growth of cancer cells including prostate, skin and colon.