Investors, Hedge Funds and Insider Traders are dumping Monsanto’s stocks
According to Insider Monkey, Monsanto Company has had one of the rockiest years of stock fluctuation. Monsanto’s stocks have been up and down after 2 million people globally marched against Monsanto and GMOs back in May 2013.
The negative sentiments about GMOs and Monsanto have resulted in uncertainty and doubt among scientists and researchers as well as investors and hedge fund managers. As the uncertainty rises about the future of Monsanto and GMOs, even Monsanto’s executives seem to be selling off large volumes of their shares in the Company.
According to insidermonkey.com, “at the top of the heap, Jeffrey Vinik's Vinik Asset Management said goodbye to the largest stake of the 450+ funds we monitor, totaling close to $100.8 million in stock. Sean Cullinan's fund, Point State Capital, also dropped its stock, about $54.7 million worth. Also, according to Over the last half-year time period, Monsanto Company (NYSE:MON) has seen zero unique insiders purchasing, and 10 insider sales”.
Also, the details of insider trades show that Monsanto’s CEO, Hugh Grant just sold 40,000 of his shares at price of $97.74 while other high level Monsanto executives dumped more than 10,000 shares. In fact, Janet Holloway (Monsanto's senior vice president, chief of staff and community relations) sold 10,700 shares at price of $98.80; Gerald Steiner (Monsanto'sexecutive vice president of sustainability and corporate affairs) sold 12,293 shares at price of $104.00 and Tom Hartley (Monsanto's vice president and treasurer) sold another 6,000 shares at price of $100.15. (See more details http://www.insidermonkey.com/insider-trading/company/monsanto+co/1110783/)
In the last few years, many independent scientists and researchers have questioned the safety of GMOs and many independent studies have actually linked GMOs and Monsanto’s Roundup with cancer, infertility, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, autism and even death. Here are some of these independent studies that have been undermined and attacked by Monsanto and pro-GMO groups:
-GMOs can cause Inflammation: A recent study Dr Judy Carman and her colleagues show severe stomach inflammation in pigs that were fed with Monsanto’s GM corn. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/GMO-severe-stomach-inflammation-pigs-and-war-on-journalism.php
- Cancer, organ damage and premature deaths: The famous Seralini study links Monsanto’s Roundup with huge tumors, severe organ damage and premature deaths in laboratory rats. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/america-gmo-label/
- Cancer, damage to liver and lower immune system: Dr Arpad Pusztai gets fired right after he publishes his findings on how GM foods can cause pre cancer cell growth, digestive tracts, damage to liver and lower immune system. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/fact-checking-gmo-foods/#Dr-Arpad-Pusztai
- Infertility and death: Dr. Huber wrote many letters to Tom Vilsack (the secretary of agriculture and the former governor of Iowa who was awarded by biotech industries as the governor of the year) describing his concern about a new pathogen found in Monsanto’s Roundup linked to infertility and even deaths. Here is a part of Dr Huber’s letters to Tom Vilsack that was ignored by the Department of Agriculture: “For the past 40 years, I have been a scientist in the professional and military agencies that evaluate and prepare for natural and manmade biological threats, including germ warfare and disease outbreaks. Based on this experience, I believe the threat we are facing from this pathogen is unique and of a high risk status. In layman’s terms, it should be treated as an emergency”. Well, so much for the emergency treatment! GMOs are still hidden in our food supply and the biotech spends millions of dollars to defeat GMO labeling". http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/fact-checking-gmo-foods/#mystery-organism
- BT linked to anemia and leukemia: A new study published by the Journal of Hematology & Thromboembolic Diseases links BT toxin (Bacillus Thuringensis) to blood abnormalities including anemia and leukemia. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/study-links-gmo-leukemia-anemia.php
- BT kills human’s cells: Another study by Dr Eva Sirinathsinghji shows BT toxin found in the blood of 95% of women and their unborn fetuses kills human’s cells. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/GMO-health-risks.php
- Hidden viral gene: A new report by Podevin and du Jardin shows that almost 63% of commercial GMO traits currently approved for commercial use carry a strange viral gene called “Gene VI” that might not be safe for human’s consumption. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/hidden-viral-gene-gmo-crops-tumors-organ-damage.php
- Damaging human gene: A research study by Professor Jack Heinemann from the University of Canterbury shows that new GMO wheat may silence and even permanently damage human genes and result in serious health problems. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/GMO-wheat-silencing-human-genes.php
-Increase in use of herbicides and chemicals: A recent report by Charles Benbrook, a research professor at the Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources at Washington State University shows that since introduction of GMOs, the use of chemicals have increased by 500 million pounds. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/GMOs-increase-pesticides-herbecides-use.php
- Pests and weed resistance: The recent studies show that Monsanto’s GM crops have become resistant to pests and weeds and farmers have to use stronger chemicals that have led to creation of superpests and supeweeds. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/Monsanto-pest-weed-resistant-crops.php
- Increase in allergies: A study published by the Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology shows that pesticides that contain dichlorophenol (chemical used in GMO crops to control weeds and pests) can increase the chances of allergies and food intolerance. http://seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/allergies-chlorinate-tap-water-GMOs.php
-Suicide: Every 30 minutes an Indian farmer commits suicide as a result of Monsanto’s GM crops. In the last decade more than 250,000 Indian farmers have killed themselves because of Monsanto’s costly seeds and pesticides. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/indian-farmers-committing-suicide-monsanto-gm-crops/
- Death: Recently, the biotech company Syngenta has been charged for covering up the death of livestock because of its genetically modified Bt corn. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/GMO-toxicity-bt-corn-Syngenta.php
- Severe toxicity and inflammation: Nearly 2,000 sheep have died after grazing on GMO cotton crops and were found to have server toxicity and inflammation of intestines. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/gmo-harms-dangers/#gmoharms
- Toxicity of Roundup: In a study published in the journal Chemical Research in Toxicology, the researchers tested Roundup on human’s cells and they found that one of the “insert” ingredients used as surfactant in Roundup called “polyethoxylated tallowamine, or POEA”, can significantly increase the toxic effect of “glyphosate”. http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/toxicity-of-glyphosate-roundup-Monsanto.php
- Roundup and birth defects: Several studies that have warned that Roundup is more toxic than the declared Seralini study: http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/monsantos-roundup-glyphosate/
- GMO contamination and Economic loss for US farmers and the impact on US export: Three varieties of unapproved GM rice owned by Bayer CropScience sneaked into the US commercial rice exports in more than 30 different countries and US rice export was severely affected as a result of the contamination while many countries worldwide pulled US rice from their shelves. http://seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/GMOs-contaminating-organic-crops-Dr-Vandana-Shiva-biorape.php
GMO labeling is inevitable. Hit Monsanto where it hurts: their balls or their pocket?
As you can see, GMOs are not safe and that’s why 30 other countries have banned GM foods. So far, the biotech has spent millions of dollars to bribe Congress and legislators and defeat GMO labeling movement in US. But, no matter how much money Monsanto’s lobbyist dump into deceptive advertising and false statements about GMO safety, the truth is that many investors and even Monsanto’s CEO and top executives are dumping Monsanto’s stocks. Because the fact is that “no one wants GMOs” and many countries are becoming aware that they have to dump GMOs if they want to survive.
The truth is that as much as the biotech wishes not to label the hidden toxin in our food supply, GMO labeling is inevitable and in fact, this coming November the residents of Washington will decide to label GMOs. Food companies including Trader Joes and Whole Foods are moving towards GMO labeling and in fact, Whole Foods has announced that it would initiate voluntary GMO labeling by 2018. More and more food companies are beginning to put a GMO-free label on their products because more and more consumers are demanding organic and non-GMO products.
For more than a century, Monsanto has been a force of destruction and misery on earth and in fact, most European countries have become aware that they have to stand up against the pesticide Empire if they want to thrive and protect their agricultural heritage.
Although the biotech industry has been fighting against the will of 90% of all Americans not to label GMOs, more and more people are becoming aware to avoid GM foods and invest in their money in organic and healthy foods. GMO labeling is inevitable and biotech industry has no choice but to face the truth that soon everyone will be dumping Monsanto’s stocks even Monsanto’s top executives and CEO.