What is Ionized/Alkalized Water and is it actually good for you or just a hype?
Almost all of us can agree that there is so much fancy arguments about Ionized or Alkalized water and yet even with a little bit of time invested to research, analyze, and clearly evaluate such arguments – one would reach the conclusion that most of these arguments (from both sides) are based on self interests and therefore an opinion that stems from conflict of interest.
We have tried to evaluate the science, look at the technology, ignore the fancy certifications (since most refer to the electronic components and not the water itself), and talk to people who claim to have experienced the results in order to establish whether the results that ‘think’ they achieved is directly a result form Ionizers or whether it is simply drinking more water (which itself removes waste from the body and reduced the minerals in the body which for some people is a good thing if they have been exposed to excessive amounts of mineral consumption).
Our own findings are actually quite simple.
- Drinking at least 1 liter and ideally up to 2 liters of water a day is good for you and removes excessive minerals from your body. If you drink lots of water make sure you replenish your body with a nice raw juice that contains a variety of herbs and fruits, e.g. kale, celery, broccoli, spinach, basil, mint, cinnamon, cacao beans, gojiberries, blue berries, raspberries, flaxseeds, etc.
- Ideally the water should be alkaline with a pH balance of around 6.8 to 7.4 and this allows your body to make free radicals in your body do not get access to oxygen and hence they never become strong and challenge your body’s immune system.
- Avoid high alkaline (above 8 pH level) as much as you can, if you intend to get an Ionizer equipment to help you increase the alkaline level of your water. Drinking high alkaline water can lead to nutritional deficiencies.
- Although high alkaline water is not good for you, high acid water is VERY bad for you. So stay away from acidity, your should not consume water with pH levels lower than 6.0, preferably not lower than 6.5 and ideally around 6.8 – so ignore those so called experts that recommend pH levels of 5 or 6. At pH level 4, you will do serious damage to your body. Few animals on the planet can survive pH level 3.
- Tap water is generally not good for you, depending on what part of the country you live. Some counties in U.S. have better and more stringent regulations than others. The common misconception that, tap water is generally good enough is erroneous as countless number of studies have shown that the water piped to our homes contains toxins and can lead to constant sickness and diarrhea. The water stored in reservoirs around the country is often contaminated and the chemicals (chlorine and fluoride) that they apply to the water to fight off the bacteria are themselves chemical contaminants.
After studying all the options, considering the good, the bad, and the ugly – we decided, for our family, to use a powerful filter (with carbon filtration, reverse osmosis, and ultra filtration membrane filter) for tap water and we vary it a few months by purchasing clean filtered spring water, and use ionizer machine (set at 6.8) to clean the vegetables and wash dishes with.
Ionized water helps to kill bacteria and parasites in food and preserve and optimize food’s nutrition. The shell life of fresh foods can be dramatically extended by proper cleaning and washing with alkaline water.
You decide what is best for you and your family and what your preferences are based on your circumstances.
National community initiative to create the first ever nutritional system to synergize with the practice and living of yoga. Certified organic coconut water. Collaborative platform for people inspired by yoga!
Did you know parasites out rank cancer as deadliest killer Worldwide? Autointoxication is potentially a deadly condition that occurs when colon health is ignored. Learn More Organica Colon Cleansing and Anti-Parasite Digestive Support
People are now asking for Over-the-Counter Organic Medicine that is both USDA Certified Organic and an FDA Registered homeopathic drug. Learn more about: the booming Organic Medicine market.
USDA-certified organic and raw hand-peeled cacao beans from Ecuadorian Arriba are great source of antioxidants, minerals, and fiber. Learn more about Superfoods Raw Peeled Cacao Beans.
Raw Organic foods that include Live-enzyme Superfoods from the purest unprocessed foods that have all their precious nutrients intact. More on raw foods.
Can managing Facebook get easiers? I guess it can. Facebook Management Tools.
Everybody needs someone to help them with small odd jobs, from computer fixing to help with a wide range of things. Hire someone to help you with small tasks on a easy-to-manage contract basis.
Lose weight, reduce stress and transform your life through plant-based nutrition... FREE! Join Thrive!
Organic and fair clothing, sustainability, environmental and social responsibility. Check out the latest fashion!.
Eco-conscious furnishings and accessories. What are sustainable flatware?
Organic premium and natural products for pets, manufactured in-house. You never heard of holistic, natural dog and cat food! Now you have.
Herbs, Foods, Bath, & Complete Aromatherapy Oils. Ahhhh, now that's relaaaaaxation.
House of Nutrition brings people a wide range of products and supplies for their nutritional well-being. See products list.
Eco-friendly and bio-degradable Mattresses? Here's what you could get!
Mighty Leaf crafts the most flavorful and delicious artisan blended teas. award-winning tea pouches ... Tea Lovers, Savor
Touch of Europe brought to US and Canada! Browsed and bewildered!
Herbal Teas, Herbal Tincutres, and Organic Wellness Oils. Nature's Inventory
Organic Bouquet - Eco-Friendly Flowers & Gourmet Gifts! See what's popular today!
Flower Delivery for someone special? Send love of flowers!
Find your way through life with a little help. Where is your life's compass?