What is Ionized/Alkalized Water and is it actually good for you or just a hype?
Almost all of us can agree that there is so much fancy arguments about Ionized or Alkalized water and yet even with a little bit of time invested to research, analyze, and clearly evaluate such arguments – one would reach the conclusion that most of these arguments (from both sides) are based on self interests and therefore an opinion that stems from conflict of interest.
We have tried to evaluate the science, look at the technology, ignore the fancy certifications (since most refer to the electronic components and not the water itself), and talk to people who claim to have experienced the results in order to establish whether the results that ‘think’ they achieved is directly a result form Ionizers or whether it is simply drinking more water (which itself removes waste from the body and reduced the minerals in the body which for some people is a good thing if they have been exposed to excessive amounts of mineral consumption).
Our own findings are actually quite simple.
- Drinking at least 1 liter and ideally up to 2 liters of water a day is good for you and removes excessive minerals from your body. If you drink lots of water make sure you replenish your body with a nice raw juice that contains a variety of herbs and fruits, e.g. kale, celery, broccoli, spinach, basil, mint, cinnamon, cacao beans, gojiberries, blue berries, raspberries, flaxseeds, etc.
- Ideally the water should be alkaline with a pH balance of around 6.8 to 7.4 and this allows your body to make free radicals in your body do not get access to oxygen and hence they never become strong and challenge your body’s immune system.
- Avoid high alkaline (above 8 pH level) as much as you can, if you intend to get an Ionizer equipment to help you increase the alkaline level of your water. Drinking high alkaline water can lead to nutritional deficiencies.
- Although high alkaline water is not good for you, high acid water is VERY bad for you. So stay away from acidity, your should not consume water with pH levels lower than 6.0, preferably not lower than 6.5 and ideally around 6.8 – so ignore those so called experts that recommend pH levels of 5 or 6. At pH level 4, you will do serious damage to your body. Few animals on the planet can survive pH level 3.
- Tap water is generally not good for you, depending on what part of the country you live. Some counties in U.S. have better and more stringent regulations than others. The common misconception that, tap water is generally good enough is erroneous as countless number of studies have shown that the water piped to our homes contains toxins and can lead to constant sickness and diarrhea. The water stored in reservoirs around the country is often contaminated and the chemicals (chlorine and fluoride) that they apply to the water to fight off the bacteria are themselves chemical contaminants.
After studying all the options, considering the good, the bad, and the ugly – we decided, for our family, to use a powerful filter (with carbon filtration, reverse osmosis, and ultra filtration membrane filter) for tap water and we vary it a few months by purchasing clean filtered spring water, and use ionizer machine (set at 6.8) to clean the vegetables and wash dishes with.
Ionized water helps to kill bacteria and parasites in food and preserve and optimize food’s nutrition. The shell life of fresh foods can be dramatically extended by proper cleaning and washing with alkaline water.
You decide what is best for you and your family and what your preferences are based on your circumstances.