Alternative Cancer Therapies
More and more people are now looking into new alternatives for cancer treatment. These alternatives help to strengthen the body and boost immune system without having the side effects of conventional treatments.
The true health is a combination of a healthy mind, body and the spirit and these cancer alternatives aim to treat the individuals on physical, mental, spiritual and emotional level. Here are some of the most common alternative approaches of treatment:
Biologic and Pharmacologic Therapies:
In these therapies, the nontoxic pharmacologic agents or biologic substances are usually driven from sources like plants or human cells to destroy cancer cells.
Immunologic Therapies are based on boosting the immune system for destroying the cancer cells.
Mind-body therapies focus on the role of human emotion and behavior in recovery from the illnesses including message therapy, imagery meditation, music therapy and relaxation techniques.
Nutritional theories focus on the link between health and diet. For example, studies have shown that diets high in saturated fat are unhealthy and low fat diets rich in fiber and antioxidants (mostly from organic raw fruits and vegetables) help to fight cancer cells.
Nutrition and other recommendations:
- Eat plenty of antioxidant foods because cancer cells need oxidation to be able to survive. High antioxidant organic foods and organic herbs are berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, salmonberries and goji berries), green herbal tea, bilberry, saffron, burdock, garlic, turmeric, ginko biloba, supplemental Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), coenzymes Q10 and foods high in vitamin A carotenoids, flavonoids, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and selenium.
- A diet rich in fiber can help to fight off cancer cells. This diet includes most of raw green superfoods (excellent source of chlorophyll) like kale, broccoli, celery, cabbage, carrots, Brussels sprouts, spinach and superfruits like pineapple, noni, berries and apples and red beans, nuts (cashews, almonds), raw cacao beans (or dark chocolate with 75% or more cacao)seeds and brown rice all ORGANIC ONLY. Try to consume more than 75% raw foods and for cooking organic brown rice and organic red beans or lentils use ONLY GLASS or STAINLESS STEEL cookware and avoid all non-stick and Teflon cookware.
- Various types of mushrooms are a good source of vitamin D, B1, B2, B3, minerals and amino acids. Organic mushrooms including shiitake, zhu ling, enoki, reishi and maitake have anti-cancerous properties.
- Limit your consumption of ALL DAIRY products and completely avoid consuming peanuts, junk foods, processed foods, GMO foods, pesticide ridden foods, foods high in saturated fat, salt, toxic additives and preservatives, sugar or white flour, sodas, coffee and all sugary pre-made drinks. Instead have organic raw smoothies multiple times a day.
- Avoid all the MEAT products including red meat, hot dogs, bacon, pork, chicken and farmed fish or high mercury fish. You can have three small servings of raw wild salmon that is boiled with freshly squeezed organic lime juice and organic grapeseed oil.
- Get regular exercise and meditate for at least 15 minutes a day; cleanse your body with herbs and spices (hot yoga and sauna helps), remove suspected carcinogens like home cleaners, make up products, hair sprays and garden pesticides and avoid stress and anxiety as much as you could.
- Some doctors also suggest 10,000 milligrams IV (intravenous) vitamin C as a cancer treatment, which can be taken for 2 to 3 weeks, daily to fight off and beat some cancers including breast cancer.
- Spices like cardamom, cayenne pepper, ginger, rosemary, sage, saffron, thyme and turmeric have anti-cancer properties.
Do not use Cat’s claw during pregnancy.
- Olive leaf extract enhances the immune system and has shown good results fighting against cancer. Rosemary has been known for its great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties fighting cancer cells.